CRANKBROTHERS Candy 1 PedalsRegular price R 1,000.00 Sale price R 890.00 Save R 110.00
CRANKBROTHERS Candy 1 Pedals
The Candy 1 pedal provides quick clips and platform strength for all-mountain riding. Crank Brother's four-sided entry inside a two-sided platform sheds mud like a charm and lets you ride trouble-free all day.
The design for the original crank brothers pedal began out of frustration. The founders of crank brothers, Carl and Frank, were tired of getting stuck in mud-covered pedals with no way in or out. They realised that existing pedals were too complicated.
It started with a simple question: what is the best way to attach a shoe to a crank? To answer this question, Carl and Frank created a system with only two moving parts hinging on a spring. This system became known as the eggbeater pedal, and later it was adapted into the candy pedal.
The candy 1 pedal is a clipless pedal with a small platform offering improved stability and protection in the context of all mountain and cyclo-cross riding.
A word on maintenance
In order to keep your crank brothers pedals running smoothly, they recommend the following:
clean pedals every 30 hours of riding
remove the pedal body from the spindle and wipe it clean of any dirty grease
apply fresh grease to the inside of the pedal before re-installing the spindle
- Excellent mud-shedding: the design is very open 4-sided entry: clip in on all 4 sides of the pedal, by pushing forward or pulling backwards on the pedal
- Extremely lightweight: pedal design is very simple with only a few key parts
- Increased float: 6° of side-to-side rotational play. The float of the pedal allows for the rider to shift positions on the bike, while keeping their feet clipped into the pedal.
- This allows for improved rider control and bike handling
- Fit adjustment: crank brothers premium cleats can be adjusted for either 15° or 20° release angle. Zero-float cleats can be purchased separately
- Customise the fit between your shoe and the pedal by using tread contact sleeves
- Crank brothers pedals are fully re-buildable for simple maintenance. There is a consistency in parts across all pedal models, which allows for ease of servicing
- When servicing this pedal, use the rebuild kit designed for level 1 & 2 pedals
- Weight (per pedal): 262g
- Spindle: forged chromoly steel
- Body: 1 piece composite
- Wings: stamped steel
- Spring: 300 series stainless steel
- Inner bearing: bushing
- Outer bearing: cartridge
- Cleats: premium brass cleats included
- Release angle: 15 or 20 degrees
- Max rider weight: no restriction
- Colour: black
- Warranty: 2 years