ROCKSHOX RS-1 Fork
ROCKSHOX RS-1 Fork
25 years after the original RS-1, the fork that revolutionized mountain biking, RockShox does it again. A chassis design never seen before, which integrates the fork's steerer tube, crown and legs into a single carbonmainframe. The all-new Accelerator Damper, which combines incredible small bump performance with an ultra-efficient lockout. And Predictive Steering, a reimagined interface between hub and dropouts which enabled us to create an inverted fork light enough for XC racing and stiff enough for trail riding.
Contrary to popular belief, rewriting the rulebook isn't all upside. After designing the fork chassis from the ground up, it meant developing an all-new damper to eek every percent of performance out of the RS-1. A tall order, but one that RockShox fully embraced.
We started by reevaluating how XC athletes produce efficient power and navigate course conditions while fatigued. We created a firmer lockout for moments of maximum sprint efficiency. We added the Rapid Recovery system to keep the fork riding high, in the plushest part of the travel. Then air was eliminated from the damper circuit ensuring absolute consistency. The Dig Valve compression tune was created to manage diving during successive hits and heavy braking. We eliminated material redundancies by housing the circuit in a sealed cartridge, reducing weight. We even made the cartridge easily serviceable in the race pits or at your local shop. We believe the Accelerator Damper crystalizes the performance of RS-1 by helping riders turn every pedal stroke into acceleration towards the top step of the dais.
We print Air Guides on all of our air-sprung forks. Maybe not a technological feat, but it will help you set up your suspension in seconds instead of minutes. And more time on your bike equals more chances to earn King of the Mountain on your favourite trail. Maybe they are a technological feat.
Bottomless Tokens allow riders to easily custom tune their RockShox fork's air-spring performance to best match their own riding style and suspension preference. Adding the easy-to-install Bottomless Tokens changes the air-spring curve to resist bottom-out after a big hit, giving aggressive riders the power to attack the trail harder. Removing Bottomless Tokens makes the air-spring curve more linear, enhancing suspension feel for certain types of terrain or trail condition and ensuring riders who are less front-end aggressive benefit from 100 percent of their fork's travel.
- Black bottomless tokens are compatible with the following Solo Air forks: RS-1 SID, Reba, Bluto, Revelation.
- Grey bottomless tokens are compatible with the following Solo Air forks: Pike, Lyrik, Yari, Pike DJ, BoXXer.
- Dark red bottomless tokens are compatible with the following Dual Position Air forks: Pike, Lyrik, Yari.
RockShox has redesigned the rebound piston to accommodate the Dig Valve, which provides the optimal level of control for both low and high speed compression, carefully controlling the oil flow to provide the rider with the right amount of support and impact absorption. The piston redesign allows the use of Rapid Recovery, a rebound tune that allows the shock to recover faster between consecutive bumps, for greater traction and a more controlled ride.
Basic things like axles are often the easiest to overlook. Put one hand on the Maxle Ultimate, though, and you'll be glad we paid serious attention to the finer details. Because one hand is all it takes to remove or install the Maxle Ultimate. And lever-placement personalization is accomplished completely without the use of tools. Available for both front and rear, Maxle Ultimate is the easiest-to-operate axle system in the world. No tools, no worries, so you can concentrate on the trail ahead.
Unique fork, axle and compression technologies combine at the core of Predictive Steering. Fork twisting is reduced thanks to the large-diameter TORQUE TUBE axle that creates an unbreakable bond, locking the lowers in place and maximising torsional stiffness. A wider hub flange spacing results in a stronger, more responsive wheel. The new Maxle Ultimate completes the connection with a tighter, stronger clamping force than you'd expect with a quick release compression system. Compatible with the SRAM PREDICTIVE STEERING hub and the RISE XX, RISE 60 and ROAM 50 29" Wheels, and featured on RockShox RS-1.
Who doesn't want more available wheel travel for successive hits? The Rapid Recovery System allows the shock to recovery faster between consecutive bumps, letting the wheel track the ground with greater precision. This more active suspension system, doesn't pack up and enables the bike to ride in a higher and softer part of the spring rate. Rapid Recovery gives the rider access to more available wheel travel, bump after bump, to achieve a smoother and more controlled ride.
Don't set your sag correctly, and you might as well be hopping onto someone else's bike. But why bust out plastic clips or rulers to keep your suspension fine-tuned? Our sag gradients are printed right on our fork's upper tubes and shock damper bodies making perfect suspension setup easy and accurate. So give mom back her plastic clip and ruler.
Solo Air is like a Buddhist monk. Its enlightened design lets you add air to your forks through a single Schrader valve, filling both the positive and negative air spring chambers simultaneously. So they're always in perfect equilibrium, like Yin and Yang. Giving you a plush, predictable ride you can set up in seconds, with the lightest weight air spring on.
Opposable thumbs let us do a lot of cool things. Rule over all the animals on the planet, climb to the top of the food chain, even invent the bicycle. And now they're helping us kill it on the trail. This hydraulic lockout offers completely sealed and dependable lockout control through the click of an easy-to-reach button that can be triggered with a single thumb press. Press on to unlock, press again to lock. It's just that easy. So next time you're on the trail, remember everything those thumbs have done for you.
- Requires the use of a Predictive Steering Hub or Wheel (Not included)
- Predictive Steering features a stock 15mm Maxle Ultimate mated with a solid oversized axle running through the hub, the Torque Tube
- Accelerator Damper highlights include a firmer lockout for maximum sprint efficiency and a sealed cartridge to reduce weight
- Dig Valve provides the optimal level of control for both low and high speed compression, carefully controlling the oil flow to provide the rider with the right amount of support and impact absorption
- High tune ability with the use of Bottomless Tokens, which thread into the top caps just like Pike
- Rapid Recovery allows the fork to recovery faster between consecutive bumps, letting the wheel track the ground with greater precision
- Fast Black coating on the upper tubes provides improved durability and decreased friction
- Travel: 100mm
- Wheel: 29"
- Steerer Type: Tapered
- Offset options: 51mm or 46mm
- Weight: 1664g (claimed)
- Damping: Accelerator (with Dig Valve and Rapid Recovery rebound tune)
- Spring: Solo Air
- Adjustments: XLoc remote (lockout and floodgate) and Beginning Stroke rebound
- Axle: Predictive Steering w/Maxle Ultimate (hub sold separately)
- Steerer Options: Tapered Carbon
- Crown: Carbon
- Crown Race: 39.7
- S.H.I.S. Clamp Diameter: 28.6
- Upper Tubes: 32mm aluminum
- Lowers: Carbon
- Maximum Rotor Size: 200mm
- Remotes: XLoc Sprint or XLoc Full Sprint
- Brake Type: Disc
- Includes: Fork pump and bleed Kit for X-Loc remote (Kit contains 460mm of hydraulic hose, 2 bleed syringes, 2 bleed fittings)
Contact us directly for the best deal.
Terms & Conditions apply.
Not all stock kept in store, please enquire.
We Also Recommend